Jun 12, 2010

Wannabe Writers #20

Wannabe Writers is a writing group for the un-published and anyone is welcome to join. It's a place where future authors can ask questions, share stories, and get feedback. Click (here) to find more about how it works.

Where I am in the writing process: Still un-published.  I started writing about a year and half ago.  I'm currently working on re-writing one of my novels.  Then I might consider sending it out of agents.  But that would be a pretty big step (and probably not until next year). 

My current problems:  I guess my biggest problem lately has been distractions.  I normally read about 1 book a week, but since the pool opened every time I go I want to read.  So that has really increased the amount of books I've been starting lately.  And once I get into a book all I want to do is read it until I finish it.  I currently am rushing through writing this so I can get back to reading on of those said books.  (That doesn't leave much time for writing!) 

This week's question:  This week's question was given to me by my blogger-friend Swimmer.  She asked about writer jealousy.  Anybody else currently experiencing it?  (I know I am)  How do you deal with it?  (If you would like to pose a question for next week please email me at curlgurl2007@gmail.com)

4 comments:

Stina said...

I know what you mean about reading books. It's a really great book when I don't want to write, just read. Fortunately most don't fall into that category. :D

I tend to get more writer excitement than writer jealousy. Unless, of course, the write wrote their first book (and edited it) in one month, landed the first superstar agent she queried, and the book (plus five others) sold at auction for an obscene amount. Who wouldn't be jealous at that? ;)

Unknown said...

Oooh! Reading does become a distraction. I LOVE to read. And I used to feel jealousy, but I agree with Stina. Now, it's excitement that I feel. It only shows me that it's possible.

Swimmer said...

I'm having the same problem as you!! I am reading Jekel Loves Hyde and can't set it down!

Bookish in a Box said...

I *try* to use it to push me to work harder, but sometimes it makes me pretty wistful.