Mar 27, 2010

Book Review: FALLEN

Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
Rating:
Good if...you want something unique, scary, and romantic.

Summary (Amazon):
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

My Thoughts...
(Insert dramatic sigh.) It's been a while since I've read a book that's reached 5 STAR quality for me--and 5 STARS is something I rarely give out--but this book totally did it for me. Move over Hush, Hush, I have a new Fallen Angel book at the top of my list.
So--let's get into the nitty-gritty of why I liked this books so much. First off, right from the start it was refreshingly original wrapped up in suspense. Lace starts at this reform school and you have no idea what she did to land herself into this awful place. I mean the kids are vicious and creepy and it makes for a wonderfully spooky setting. Then you mix in the plot, which takes you on this wild ride from start to finish with all these strategic twists and turns. Even once I thought I had the whole story figured out...then comes the epilogue at the end and, man, did not see that one coming! Then mix in the romance...OMG...and Lauren Kate's way with words. This book just had it all. I don't have one complaint and I can't wait for Torment--the 2nd in the series due out Sept. 28 2010.
Can't wait!

3 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

Loved this book! I'm getting Torment next week and I can't wait!

Swimmer said...

I agree it was everything and ten times more of what a book should be!

Anonymous said...

Okay, definitely buying this!! =)