Aug 5, 2010

Book Review: CAPTIVATE

Title: Captivate
Author: Carrie Jones
Rating:
Other books by Author: Need
Good if...you want a sequel that's equally as exciting as the first
Summary (Amazon):
Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town. A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.

My Review:
It's been awhile since I read the first of this series, NEED, and I forgot just how much I LOVE this story. For me it's really the sincerity, cuteness, and kindness of the characters that makes this novel (and Need) so great. I love Zara, I love Nick, I love the grandma, and I love her friends. And then a new guy comes along--a new pixie king wanting to make Zara his queen--and guess what I loved him too! There's 10 times the drama in this one and I can't wait for book three ENTICE which is due out in Dec. Warning: This book totally ends on a cliffhanger. But unlike when I read Hex Hall yesterday; I don't even care! The whole book was so good that all that cliffhanger-ending made me want to do is read the next one. That's how it's supposed to work.

2 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

I just finished reading this one yesterday. It does end on a cliffhanger and I do want to know what happens next.

prophecygirl said...

I loved this one too! Can't wait for Entice!