Feb 27, 2011

Book Review: UNEARTHLY

Title: UNEARTHLY
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publication Date: January 2011
My Rating: 5/5--Incredible! Loved it!
In One Word: Angels
Good if...you want something addictive, breath-taking, and about angels
In My Words: A girl who is 1/4 angel is forced to move with her family to the-middle-of-no-where Wyoming to follow out her 'vision' (aka her mission from God) and that involves saving a beautiful stranger/the boy of her dreams.  Except things get kind of complicated when Clara strays off her 'path' and her heart decides it has other plans. 
My Thoughts...OMG!  This book was so addictive.  You have to go out right now and buy it!  The story was orginial and refreshing.  I couldn't put this book down.  I read it straight through and I didn't even skip over any boring parts!  That's really rare for me.  Not often do I find a book that I'm hung up on every single word, even in the best books I always find moments of too much detail or too much unless conversation where I just have skip.  Not this one.  I read every word.   I had to.  I think that says a lot about how good it was.  Just a warning, this one does end with more questions then it probably starts with.  I mean Clara completes her 'mission' or whatever, but we're still left wondering what next.  I wasn't angry though.  Often, I'm angry with a cliff-hanger and this time I wasn't.  I'm content for now.  That's how they all should end.  'Content for Now'.  Enough closure for book one, but I'm so going to need a sequel here evenually.

No comments: