Mar 29, 2011

Book Review: DEMONGLASS

Title: DEMONGLASS
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Other books by Author: HEX HALL
Publication Date: March 2011
My Rating: 4.5/5--Really good! Worth your time!
One Word Plot: Demons
Good if…you liked the EVERNIGHT Series
Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.  That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.  Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.  But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Acher to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?

My Thoughts...  Better than the first!  Action packed.  Funny.  Mysterious.  Everything I loved about HEX HALL was magnified and better in this 2nd book.  I was pleasantly surprised, as I read a few not-so-wonderful-review prior to reading this and very nearly let this one slip me by.  I'm so happy I didn't pass this one up and Rachel Hawkins did an excellent job of filling the reader in.  You really don't even need to read Hex Hall first to understand what's going on.  It was good and I want to buy it since I feel like it's definently re-readable.  :)

1 comment:

YA Book Queen said...

Great minds think alike - I just posted my review with the same rating ;)

Awesome review! Definitely agree that all of the wonderful aspects of HH were present and even better in Demonglass :D