Apr 13, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday

'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event--hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine--that spotlights upcoming books that are eagerly being anticipated. My can't-wait-to-read choice for this time around is...
AS I WAKE by Elizabeth Scott
I've actually never read an Elizabeth Scott novel, but this cover is amazing!  Seriously, isn't it?  I love it.  I love the title.  I love the whole feel of it.  Sure, it's not the most original.  I mean THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX is very similar concept, but still.  I can't wait for Sept. 15 to read this one. 
Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them--and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.  Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.
So that's what I'm looking forward to. What books are you waiting on?

7 comments:

Marce said...

Ok that looks and sounds amazing, adding to my Wishlist, thank you.

My WoW is here.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-michelle-zink.html

bookworm1494 said...

The cover is amazing!!!

I do want to read this book though, elizabeth scoot is one of my favorite authors.

My Waiting on wednesday here

Karen said...

What cover! Anything like Adoration should be great.

Sally said...

I love Elizabeth Scott's books I can't wait for this one.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

Jenny said...

Dang! I can't click on stuff fast enough around here. I saw that book cover for Nevermore, read your review and now I've got to read it. This one sounds really good too and now I've got to go check out this team Damon thing. I'm definitely following your blog.

kathy said...

This one is definitely going on my TBR pile. I really like the cover and how she starts to disappear. It's a good kind of creepy.
Thanks for sharing. :)
-kathy
www.readthisinstead.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

I actually finished reading my first Elizabeth Scott book this week, that was a contemporary however and this looks and sounds like its more on the paranormal/scifi side.

I agree that cover is :o I love the bright oranges contrasting with the black and white.

Not sure if I want to read this but I'll keep a look out for it and see what people say. I hope you enjoy it!

And thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog ^_^

Sandy