Apr 7, 2011

Wannabe Writers #47 (Finishing)

Wannabe Writers is my internet writing group. Anyone is welcome to join. It's a place to meet other writers, ask questions, and get feedback. Bascially, my posts are about my current writing progress, my problems, and any questions I need help answering.  If you've created a similar post of your own lately, feel free to link in the comments.

Where I am in the writing process: Unpublished. 2/3rds of the way finished with my current WIP.

My current problem(s):  Still unfinished with my novel. I started this thing back summer of 2009! It's nearly summer 2011! What's wrong with me? Why can't I finish my novel? So I've been thinking about this a lot (and not actually writing anything) and wondering what's going on with me?

My question(s) this week: Why can't I finish my novel?

Here's some motivation I'm currently trying to lean on. Jackson Pearce created this video not too long ago and it seems fitting...


Also check out this post by Maggie Steifvater: The Giant Butt-Kicking How to Write a Novel Post

5 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Love that video! I've head many writers who have taken years to write one book. Good luck Sarah!

Elizabeth Briggs said...

Maybe its time to put it aside and write something else?

Robin M said...

Need some motivation. Join in on row80 and the weekly checkin's will motivate you to get more done. Either that or it's time to move on to something else perhaps.

ROW80
http://aroundofwordsin80days.wordpress.com/

Kristin @ Beneath Shining Stars said...

You can do it! :) You're more than halfway there! But ah, I've always had a hard time ending anything that I'm writing (asides from essays and papers). Every now and again the ending will just come to me, but when it doesn't, usually I set the story aside and try to work on something else.

amber d* said...

I have one WIP that I've been working on for almost 3 years. There is no reason why it's not finished, but yet, it's not finished.

And I LOVE that video of Jackson's!