Sep 29, 2011

Wannabe Writers #61 (New Ideas)

Wannabe Writers is my Internet writing group. Basically, my posts are about my current writing progress, my problems, and any questions I need help answering. If you've created a similar post of your own lately, feel free to link in the comments.

Where I am in the writing process: Unpublished! Been trying this whole writing thing for nearly 3 years now...and here I am...still unpublished and unfinished. I mean, you'd think in 3 years time I would have a completed novel. I don't. But I'm not giving up.

My current problem(s): Still trying to get back into writing.  It's hard with my broken computer and with work.  I came up with a new idea for a novel with week.  I actually started writing and knocked out 10 pages easy this morning.  But the problem is...I can't start another new project!  I have my main two novels...both about 50k.  A third project...around 20k.  A rewrite to project one...another 20k.  And now this new project???  I can't add something else to my plate or I will never finish anything.  So...I'm just going to have to put this new idea aside until WAY later. 

My question(s) this week: I have two.  1.  When new ideas come (threatening to the take the place of old) do you let them come?  2.  How do you stay motivated to finish an original project...especially when it's not as exciting anymore?

No comments: