Aug 2, 2012

Book Review: THE GOLDEN LILY

Title: THE GOLDEN LILY
Author: Richelle Mead
Other books by Author: VAMPIRE ACADEMY series, BLOODLINES
Publication Date: 06/12/2012
My Rating: 5/5--Incredible!  Loved it!
Plot in One Word: Vampires
Good if...you're a fan of the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series
Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.
My thoughts... 
Once again, I'm totally obsessed with this new series!  It's a spin-off series from Richelle Mead's VAMPIRE ACADEMY series.  This series follows Sydney--the Alchemist (a group whose purpose is to cover up the existence of Vampires from regular humans) Rose met in Russia.  This was book #2 in the new series.  Book #1, BLOODLINES, was an excellent debut.  A bunch of my favorite characters were back again!  Sydney.  Adrian.  Jill.  Eddie.  And in this second book we also see Dimitri and Sonya!  It's a fantastic addition to this already awesome series (one that's quickly becoming a favorite).  I liked this novel even more than the first!  They both were awesome so that was hard to do.  I found myself neglecting everything else in my life to hurry through read this novel.  I just couldn't get enough.  And the ending was the best part.  It defiantly left room for more books to come, but it was so dramatic that I had to reread the last chapter three times.  It's been stuck in my head for days now. 

Basically, I can't praise this book enough.  Go out and get BLOODLINES and THE GOLDEN LILY right away!  They won't disappoint.  (Still I recommend reading the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series first, just so you have a better understand of the characters' backgrounds.)  

Overall recommendation: READ IT NOW!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh! I still have even read the VA series yet and now there's a spin off series? I'm never going to get caught up!