Aug 31, 2010

Coveted Cover Art #1

It's Tuesday.  I'm bored.  So, I've decided to start something new...  In case you haven't noticed; I love COVER ART!!!  A book could be complete crap, but if it has a pretty cover/design on the front I'm probably going to want to buy it.  It's purely a marketing gimmick and still I'm a sucker for it.  Gets me everytime.  They say, don't judge a book by it's cover.  I say, why not?

This week's pick is...

The Julian Game by Adele Griffin
All new girl Raye Archer wants is a way into the in crowd, so when ice-queen Ella Parker picks her to get back at her ex, the gorgeous Julian Kilgarry, Raye is more than game. Even if it means creating a fake Facebook identity so she can learn enough about Julian to sabotage him. It's a fun and dangerous thrill at first, but Raye hadn't counted on falling for Julian herself and igniting Ella's rage.  As Raye works to reconcile the temptress Elizabeth with her real-life self, Ella serves up her own revenge, creating an online smear campaign of nasty rumors and trashy photographs. Suddenly notorious, Raye has to find a way out of the web of deceit that she's helped to build, and back to the relationships that matter.

This novel was just released (August 26, 2010) and so far the reviews I've seen have been mixed.  But don't you love the cover either way.

So, if you want to participate just create your own Cover Art post and link below.  I'm going to start posting every Tuesday.  Click here for more info. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you; I am often draw to interesting/colourful books. Which I know is wrong, because the author has nothing to do with the story; but, I think it is in our nature to judge them with so many choices around (is there is one of those old 3 coloured books or a beautifully illustrated cover which would you pick up to read the blurb)

Swimmer said...

I really want green hair like that!

Swimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Swimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.