Jan 5, 2011

Wannabe Writers #42 (Lengthy Projects)

Wannabe Writers is an Internet writing group. Everyone is welcome to join. It's a place to meet other writers, ask questions, and get feedback. Click here to find more about how it works.

Hello!  It's been a really long time since I did a post for Wannabe Writers!  I'm so sorry that I've been away and then once I got home I just didn't write anymore.  But--I've been writing non-stop for the last 3 days!  I guess everyone needs a good break every now and then.  So the good new is I am bringing Wannabe Writers back in hopes that it will keep me writing, but the bad news is that my posts are going to be a little less frequent.  You see, the problem is that with my new job my life doesn't fall in line on such a neat schedule anymore. And then when I'm home I'm jet-lagged a lot.  But I'm going to attempt to 3-4 times a month.  SO, here's the deal.  Since I'm going to be posting whenever I feel like it, I think everyone else should too (if anyone still follows this) and then if you want just link to my latest post.  (If you post more fequently than me, just post more than once on my post.  Cool?)  So, let's get started...

Where I am in the writing process: Unpublished.  Still.  And still trying to finish this one novel I've been working on for nearly 2 years now.  I got a new surge of engery about writing though recently and I have high hopes!  Don't you love when something just clicks and suddenly you know how things should be in your novel.  That happened to me!  My hope is that by the end of January I'll be finishing this thing up!  (We'll see.)

My current problem(s):  Trying to merge two different drafts of my novel together.  I'm cherry picking the best parts and combining them to make one super-duper draft!  I hope this works.

My question this week: What the longest you've ever worked on one writing project?

4 comments:

Witless Exposition said...

I'm glad you're back! Hope you had wonderful holidays!

The longest project I've had spread over eight years (not continuous work on it, but periodical), and it's still not done! So, don't feel bad, some stories are just harder to write. Keep it up!

Miranda Hardy said...

Yeah! Welcome back! So glad you have decided to continue this meme. I will be posting probably sometime next week.

I have been working on the same novel for over a year now, and I am finally getting it edited to a degree in which I feel comfortable. I don't want to publish trash just for the sake of publishing something. I want a good quality book out there.

Some authors take years on one book, so don't feel bad.

MaryRedingWrites said...

Two years is a long time! I've been wrestling with my WIP for a year now and it feels like forever....

Hayley said...

Yay, you're back!!

I've been working on my WIP since last April...that's probably the longest I've worked on one project, and this one is far from done! Will be at least another 3 months, probably closer to 5 or 6 by the time I'm done.

Good luck with your WIP!!