Oct 21, 2011

Wannabe Writers #64 (Fresh Starts)

Wannabe Writers is my Internet writing group. My posts consist of my current writing progress, my problems, and any questions I need help answering. If you've created a similar post of your own, feel free to link in the comments.

Where I am in the writing process:
Unpublished and unfinished, but hopefully that's about to change.  (At least the latter of the two.)  I've been writing for nearly 3 years now and I'm very close to completing my first full manuscript. 

My current problem(s): 
So last week I talked about how close I was to finishing my current WIP.  I'm not really any closer this week.  UGH.  I just can't seem to finish, to pull out those last couple pages out of my brain and put them onto paper.  It's driving me crazy and what I keep doing instead is rereading earlier portions of the novel and editing things that don't need to be edited right now.
But on a different note, I'm considering doing NaNoWriMo coming up in November and I'm so excited at the idea of a whole new project.  I started playing out a this idea for a story in my head.  So, I really think I'm going to give NaNoWriMo a try.  :)  My problem with this new story is beginning it.  I can't think of a way to do it. 

My question for today: How to write the perfect beginning to a novel?  Suggestions?

No comments: