Oct 5, 2012

Book Review: THE POWER OF SIX

Title: THE POWER OF SIX
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publication Date: 08/2011
My Rating: 4.5/5--Really good!  Worth your time!
Plot in One Word: Aliens
Good if...you want something fast paced and filled with action

I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us. Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia. 
Number Two in England. 
And Number Three in Kenya. 
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed. 

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive. And I'm ready to fight. 
My thoughts... 
SO I recently read I AM NUMBER FOUR.  I'd seen the movie.  It was...okay, but I figured I'd give the book a try.  I'm so glad I did since I highly enjoyed it.  :)

On to book #2, THE POWER OF SIX, which was even better!  

THE POWER OF SIX is a duel narrative.  It splits time between John Smith (Number Four) and new character Marina (Seven).  Book 1 left off with John Smith leaving Paradise Ohio with his friend Sam and Six.  Book 2 picks up his story-- following John on the run-- while adding the additional element of Marina's story.

It was impossible to decide which story line I enjoyed more...both were awesome!  I greedily turned the pages, eager to see where both were heading.  The mystery, suspense, and action kept me on my toes.  It was very exciting the whole way through and the moment it ended I just had to get my hands on Book 3.  

Bottom line: Read it!
Note: If you've seen the movie I AM NUMBER FOUR you could probably skip ahead to this book.  There were subtle differences, but overall pretty similar.  On the other hand, I couldn't get enough of these books and was thankful I started at the very beginning.  

On to book #3--THE RISE OF NINE!

No comments: