Jul 15, 2010

Book Review: EVERNIGHT

Title: Evernight
Author: Claudia Gray
Rating:
Good if...you want another Vampire series.

Summary (Amazon):
Bianca wants to escape. At the eerily Gothic Evernight Academy, the other students are sleek, smart, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in. When she meets handsome, brooding Lucas, he warns her to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him. But the connection between them can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

My thoughts...
I've probably picked up Claudia Gray's Evernight book about 20 times at various books stores, every time wondering if it's any good and worth taking a chance on. Well, just before my vacation last week I decided to take a chance on it. I actually read Evernight and Stargazer (the 2ND in the series) while I was away. So what did I think? Enjoyed both.
It's basically about a girl who goes off to Vampire school (with her parent's as teachers). She meets Lucas right away, another miss-fit, and the story takes off from there. Although, in the beginning, Bianca doesn't know this is Vampire school and until she figures out this are kind of confussing. The story really take off once she figures it out/makes more sense. My favorite parts about this book was that nothing/no one is quiet what they seem. I kept being surprised and that was refreshing when so many Vampire books have become rather predictable.
That being said...my sister (who loves YA as much as me) also read the first two books. And she didn't like them near as much as I did. She had major problems with the decisions Bianca made. Where I agreed with them, she wanted her to do the opposite.
My advice. Read it for yourself. 4/5 stars. :)

1 comment:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

I'm definitely gonna start this series soon!