Jul 14, 2010

DAY THREE: 50k/50days

Hello blogger friends.  So today I spent all my writing time playing catch up.  And it worked out pretty well.  I brought my word count up to 3,080 today.  Yay.  That makes my total word count 26,080 for the novel I am currently working on.  I was pleased, although it took me over 3 hours to write that much. 
Where is everyone else at?  (If you fall behind, don't worry.  Last time I did this challenge I only wrote about 15,000 words, so I figure some is always better than none.)

6 comments:

Witless Exposition said...

So far I'm doing really well. I've written a little bit extra each day. I hit my 1,000 and then I finish whatever scene I'm in (I tend to write fairly short scenes). That way I finish my train of thought. It makes it easier to pick up the next day.

I also played around a bit with "I Write Like" and the WIP. I posted about it and the update on 50 in 50 on my blog: http://cerebrallunchbox.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-writing-has-personality-disorder.html

zz said...

Well done Sarah! That's a mammoth effort. Progress is so good - feeling inspired to get back to my WIP at some stage today!

Miranda Hardy said...

I am progressing, although I didn't make my 1K today. I am at 2700 words so far in this challenge. I am hoping to make it up tomorrow. Glad to see you made it up today. Keep it up!

Nina said...

Well done you! =)

I'm at 3003 words. I have another question: If I one day am not able to stop and end up writing like.... 3000 words. Would that be "ok"? Is the goal to reach 50 000 words, and then anything more is a bonus (anything less was a good effort)

Is that the thought?

Amber Lynae said...

I am not speaking about last time.... it was shameful.

But I'm at 3200 this time. I am super excited.

sarah darlington said...

Nina-- Yeah..if you can write more than a 1,000 on a particular day that's great! Go right ahead. And yeah that's pretty much the thought.