Apr 7, 2013

Review: CRASH by Nichole Williams

Title: CRASH 
Author: Nichole Williams
Publication Date: 12/18/2012
My Rating: 4/5--I enjoyed it.
Plot in One Word:  New Adult Fiction
Good if...you want a summertime, beach read.  
Jude Ryder and Lucy Larson are this generation's Romeo and Juliet: Explosive. Sizzling. Tragic. A steamy summer encounter with bad boy Jude means trouble for Lucy. Her sights are set on becoming a ballerina, and she won't let anything get in her way . . . except Jude. He's got a rap sheet, dangerous mood swings, and a name that's been sighed, shouted, and cursed by who knows how many girls. Jude's a cancer, the kind of guy who's fated to ruin the lives of girls like Lucy—and he tells her so. But as rumors run rampant and reputations are destroyed, Lucy's not listening to Jude's warning. Is tragedy waiting in the wings? This racy romance is hot, hot, hot!

My Thoughts... 

I bought this novel completely forgetting that I'd already read a novel by Nichole Williams and hated it!  ETERNAL EDEN.  Which was Nichole Williams' very lovey-dovey attempt at a paranormal young adult novel.  But lately I've been on a New Adult Fiction kick, which is what this novel is and I really really liked it.

If you're unfamiliar with New Adult Fiction, then here's what I've been noticing.  It's really just romance novels with 18-25 year-old main characters.  All of it seems to follow the same format.  Bad-boy who is very sexually experienced meets good-girl virgin.  Bad-boy falls in love with good-girl, they get it on, they fight some, and then they get back together by the end of the book.  

There's not too much more to say about CRASH than that.  It delivers everything.  Steamy bad-boy.  Sweet good-girl.  Lots of chemistry.  Lots of heart-stopping moments.  Bold gestures.  Fun drama.  Loyalty and love.

Bottom line: I recommend it if you're into New Adult Fiction.  I also read book #2 CLASH.  It was basically more the same, but worth your while too.  Book #3 CRUSH is due out later in the year.  

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

I've heard mixed things about this book, so now I'm getting really curious about it. It sounds like my usual kind of thing, so hopefully it'll work for me!
Book Light Graveyard